More than a hundred bearings are used in vehicles. These bearings must be comfortable in use, safe and environmentally responsible. Good bearings are lightweight, compact and durable with a long lifespan. There is a wide range of bearings that are smooth, offer low power cost and facilitate smooth gear shifting. The smooth bearing will consume fewer energies and lowers CO2 emissions. You should find out a bearing manufacturer with a good reputation in your area for professional services.
What is a wheel bearing?
It is a set of steel balls held together by a metal ring called a race. Wheel bearing of car rides on a metal shaft and fits tightly inside the hub. Hub holds the lug bolts that are used to bolt the tire into the wheel.
Why are car bearings important?
They are one of the most important parts of your vehicle and their maintenance should never be ignored for your safety and for others’ safety as well. Let us look at some of their advantages:
- It is not recommended to drive if the wheel bearing is missing because the wheel can fall off entirely while the vehicle is in motion.
- They are important for the operation of the vehicle.
- They are important for the proper functions of the tires and wheel.
- They provide smooth tire and wheel rotation.
- They provide friction-free movement.
Features of car bearings
Important features of good car bearings that every bearing manufacturer of the car must provide are as given below:
- They should be designed using quality stainless steel.
- They should have heavy axial load bearing capacity
- They must provide the perfect solution to the trailer.
- They must be able to provide functionless rotating.
- They must have dimensional accuracy.
- The should not require too much maintenance
- Bearings must have exceptional longevity.
- They should be of sturdy construction.
- They must be wearing and tear resistant
- They should be Corrosion free
- Should provide high carrying capacity
- Excellent heat dissipation is an important feature.
- Good corrosion resistant is a must.
- Fine surface finish is like a garnish.
- Must have supreme tensile strength.
- Must be abrasive resistant.
- Self-lubricating properties are essential.
- Should provide a surface for Rpm applications.
- Should be lightweight and compact.
Functions of wheel bearings
These bearings play important role in the car which is as given below:
- They guide and support shafts and axels
- They guide radial forces
- They are responsible for stable driving behavior.
- They are designed to minimize the friction produced by wheels.
- They also support the vehicle weight
Signs of bad wheel bearing
- Loud noise coming from the wheel area is the cause of wheel bearing malfunction.
- Looseness in car parts or wheel
- The alignment of the car towards one side or the other.
- Damaged car tires can be caused due to the bad wheel bearing.
- If you feel any vibration while driving it can be a sign of bad wheel bearing.
They are an important part that holds the tires with your vehicles. Therefore, it is not a good idea to drive with old or damaged bearings. If your vehicle is grinding take precautions immediately. They can also become noisy and loose due to contamination or lack of lubrication. They are usually not serviceable and have to be changed if damaged. Dust, dirt and water are their enemies. If you suspect any problem in your cars bearing, then find a bearing manufacturer and their experts will solve your problem quickly. The market is flooded with bearing manufacturers, you can make recommendations and check online for reviews before buying wheel bearings from any bearing manufacturer.