1. Technician A says that during a battery capacity test the voltage should not go below 9.6 volts at 70F. Technician B says a battery’s voltage reading should increase as temperature decreases. Who is correct? A Technician A B Technician B C Both A and B D Neither Technician A or B Answer A is correct. If the capacity voltage… Read More
1. All of these are true about the metering valve except: A It is used on vehicles with front disc and rear drum brakes. B It is a height sensing device. C It gives the rear brakes a chance to over come the springs and engage with the front brakes. D It is often part of the combination valve. Answer… Read More
1. Two technicians are discussing the thrust angle of a vehicle. Technician A says a broken leaf spring will effect a vehicles thrust angle. Technician B says this will affect the centering of the steering wheel. Who is correct? A Technician A B Technician B C Both A and B D Neither Technician A or B Answer C is correct.… Read More
1. The bushing in the extension housing on a transmission is worn on one side. Technician A says this could be caused by binding U-joints. Technician B says this is more likely caused by excessive output shaft end-play. Who is correct? A Technician A B Technician B C Both A and B D Neither Technician A or B Answer A.… Read More
1. A vibration occurs while driving a vehicle with an automatic transmission at normal speeds. This vibration does not occur during a stall test. Which of these is the cause. A Torque Converter B Drive Shaft C Crankshaft Main Bearing D EPC Solenoid Answer B is correct. The vehicles drive shaft will be held stationary during a stall test. 2.… Read More
ASE Practice Test Questions & Answers with Explanation 1. The fuel control system on the composite vehicle remains in open loop at all times. Technician A says that a faulty IAT sensor could be the problem. Technician B says this could be a loose connection at ECM oxygen sensor signal pin terminal. Who is correct? A. Technician A only B.… Read More
1. A vacuum gauge is connected to the intake manifold of an engine. The needle fluctuates between (15 in. and 20 in. Hg) at idle. This reading indicates: A. A normal condition. B. Late ignition or valve timing. C. A sticking valve or misfire. D. A restricted exhaust system. Answer C is correct. If the gauge readings fluctuate between (15… Read More
Congratulations! You have Passed the Portland Auto Index ASE Practice test with a score range from 85-100 out of 100. If you are still interested in the answers to any of the questions follow the links below.
Congratulations! You have Passed the Portland Auto Index ASE Practice test with a score range from 65-85 out of 100. If you are still interested in the answers to any of the questions follow the links below.
Prioritize Customer Needs & Address Original Concerns Listening carefully, and asking open ended questions that help lead the customer to explain as much as they can about their concerns, you will be able to identify what needs to be done on the vehicle and the customer’s priority for the repairs. It is very important for customer satisfaction that you identify… Read More