1. Technician A says that during a battery capacity test the voltage should not go below 9.6 volts at 70F. Technician B says a battery's voltage reading should increase as temperature decreases. Who is correct?
2. Technician A says changing the field current changes the alternators voltage output. Technician B says the control module adjusts voltage regulation by battery temperature and voltage. Who is
3. The color of an air bag wire/plug is most likely:
4. The headlights get brighter as a vehicle is accelerated. Technician A says this could be caused by a high capacity battery. Technician B says this could be caused by high charging system voltage. Who is correct?
5. A vehicles engine will not crank. Technician A says to check the starter circuit first. Technician B says to check the condition of the battery first. Who is correct?
6. All the lights in a tail light circuit illuminate except one. The most likely cause is:
7. A vehicle has a starting problem. Technician A says to use an ammeter to test for starter current draw. Technician B says worn bushings will cause high resistance. Who is correct?
8. If a technician reversed the leads of their digital voltmeter on a 12 volt circuit the readout would show:
9. The hazard and turn signal lights are inoperative in a vehicle. Technician A says that they share the same circuit. Technician B says the vehicle may have a faulty flasher. Who is correct?
10. Technician A says if a dome light keeps blowing fuses to check for a short to ground. Technician B says resistance in a circuit increases current flow.
Who is correct?
11. A vehicles engine is slow cranking. The battery is in good condition. Technician A says to perform a voltage drop test on the starter circuit. Technician B says voltage must be present in order to
perform this test. Who is correct?
12. The electrical symbol above is a:
13. An alternator suffers from low voltage output. When full-fielded the alternator outputs maximum voltage. The most likely part to be at fault is a:
14. Technician A says a fully charged lead acid automotive battery has a specific gravity of 1.265 at 80° F. Technician B says the specific gravity reading is effected by temperature. Who is correct?
15. A vehicles A/C blower motor works only in the high position. Technician A says to check the blower motor resistor. Technician B says this is most likely a loose ground connection.
16. Which solder should be used when repairing an automotive electrical connection.
17. The cruise control of a vehicle is inoperative. Technician A says the this may be caused by a faulty control module. Technician B says this may be caused by a faulty brake switch. Who is correct?
18. Technician A says voltage limiter is used in an instrument panel to keep the voltage at 5 volts. Technician B says if the limiter is faulty it may result in high gauge readings. Who is correct?
19. The display of the multimeter indicates:
20. The windshield wipers on a vehicle are slow and dragging across the windshield. Technician A says this could be an open circuit at the motors ground. Technician B says the wiper linkage may be binding. Who is correct?
21. A vehicles alarm keeps setting off on its own. Technician A says this could be a faulty courtesy light switch. Technician B says the alarm systems control module uses current sensitive switches. Who is correct?
22. The electrical symbol below is :
23. Two technicians are discussing a battery that continues to die overnight even after it has been charged the day before. Technician A says this could be caused by a faulty alternator. Technician B says this could be caused by the vehicles dome light. Who is correct?
24. The lamp in the glove box is inoperative. The test light is illuminated at point C with the glove box open and the switch closed. The most likely cause of this problem is:
25. An alternator output test is being performed on a vehicle. Technician A says for maximum alternator output the engine must be revved to a high idle of 2000 RPM. Technician B say for maximum output turn the vehicles accessories on during the test. Who is correct?